Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bandon, Oregon

The photos that follow are in reverse order, newest to oldest, of our 10+ day oddessy through Northern California to the Southwest coast of Oregon.  K1 and I drove, and K2 flew to No. Bend to meet us.  It was a very special week and we lucked out with the weather--it was rainy constantly for weeks in Oregon, but we got many days of sunshine and 50 degree weather, which was fine with us.  The house was amazing, on 10 acres of land in the woods, no neighbors in sight, sitting on a bluff overlooking the ocean.  We couldn't have asked for much more.  I thought I would do a lot more hiking on the trails in the area, but found the golf courses to be so pretty and I preferred walking the courses with the boys for the company and the amazing scenery.  It was so relaxing, and I just took the time to do nothing that I didn't want to.  Read. Stared at the ocean.  Cooked.  Saw sights I had never seen before.  We all had a great time, and a great memory to keep with us.  A wonderful remembrance for the year of turning 60.

No comments:

Post a Comment