Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sea Ranch 2011


I rave about my annual sojourn to Sea Ranch every year. It's beauty, isolation, peacefulness. But I think it is really my brother Terry that makes it special. We know each other so well that it is easy to be together and enjoy the same things. We instinctively know when to be quiet, to exercise, give each other space, cook, watch sports or movies, what food we like, our favorite trails. He is my brother, but he is also a best friend and I learn from him. Without saying anything directly, he helps to keep me on a spiritual path, to be thoughtful of others, and to put life in perspective. So, yes, my week at Sea Ranch this year was heavenly, again --beautiful days and surroundings, good food, great walks and swims -- but it is really Terry that makes the experience so beautiful, and I am forever grateful for his presence in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment